As the direct report to the Head of Finance, the Finance Manager - Group Reporting will assume responsibility for supervising group accounts, managing group reporting processes, and overseeing audits for our UK-based holding company. This role will be instrumental in spearheading the implementation of IFRS standards across all subsidiary companies within the group and ensuring the alignment of subsidiaries' statutory accounts with group policies.
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance to formulate comprehensive group accounting policies aligned with IFRS standards.
- Spearhead the implementation of these standardized accounting policies across all subsidiary accounts, guaranteeing harmonized reporting at the group level.
- Guide and facilitate the change management process, fostering clear and effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Ensure the prompt identification and reporting to management of any significant IFRS-related adjustments.
- Oversee the group reporting process, proactively engaging with all Principal in Charge (PIC) of subsidiary accounts to ensure precision, punctuality, and consistency in group-level reporting.
- Regularly reconcile and eliminate intercompany transactions and balances to maintain accuracy in group accounts.
- Supervise the annual group audit procedure, ensuring adherence to regulatory compliance and on-time submission.
- Identify potential areas for enhancement within the finance function and provide recommendations accordingly.
- Offer support to the manager by taking on ad hoc tasks as required to maintain operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in group reporting, statutory accounts, and audit, with a degree in accounting/finance or completed professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA/CPA.
- Well versed with IFRS accounting standards.
- Prior experience in leading process changes projects.
- Proficient in major accounting systems, Office 365 and MS Excel spreadsheets. Familiarity with MS Dynamics 365 is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- A growth mindset and a willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Experience working in an international environment with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across diverse teams and cultures.
- Fluency in Mandarin, enabling effective communication with Mandarin-speaking stakeholders.