Despite being small enough to fit into the palm of your hand, bottle. by AirsPops can carry a powerful 0.6 ohm coil for superb flavour reproduction.
After the success of the AirsPops pod system, we went back to the drawing board to create a new device that was almost entirely different from the AirsPops range. We wanted to bridge the gap between box and pod mods, so the new device had to be significantly more powerful to be of interest to box mod users. As much as we love how unique the box mod experience is however, there were some considerations that we wanted to address with our new device, namely:
- Box mods were large and bulky. Some newer models had more streamlined designs, but nobody would ever consider one compact.
- Classic dripper type mods required a lot of maintenance work, between cutting and spooling wires to form coils, and replacing wads of cotton after use. This definitely made them cumbersome to bring on the go and unappealing to someone wanting a convenient yet healthier alternative to cigarettes.
- While box mods were great for people who liked low nicotine ratios, many smokers looking to quit were more used to higher nicotine ratios, which would be too strong on traditional mods.
- Box mods were expensive. The newer mods have sophisticated features such as LCD screens, adjustable coil resistance and draw duration, but while they have become a subculture in itself, box mods also tend to be outside the budget of smokers looking to transition into e-cigarettes.
So in response, the new product had to meet the following criteria:
- Portable and pocketable, while rugged enough to handle everyday use on the go.
- Simple operation and maintenance.
- Able to support both low and high nicotine ratio e-liquids.
- Be relatively affordable without losing the best aspect of box mods: the rich flavour and direct to lung (DTL) experience.