Senior Accountant (MY)
Senior Accountant (Malaysia)
AIRSCREAM UK is looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible to provide professional accounting, treasury, tax and other finance related services for entities within the group. You will be a key member of the group finance team to ensure accuracy, timely recording, and compliance of all finance operation activities.
- Ensure the accuracy of all general accounting entries in accordance with relevant accounting standards and perform the month-end accounts close.
- Prepare quarterly balance sheet reconciliation schedules and monthly consolidation reporting packs.
- Support and ensure the timely submission of statutory reporting, corporate tax, indirect taxes (VAT/GST) and annual return.
Treasury and tax:
- Ensure the accuracy and timely payment of weekly payments, including invoice matching.
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast, monthly cash reports and monitor any forecast gaps.
- Conduct research on tax developments and collaborate with tax agents on advance tax planning.
- Participate in new system implementation and data migration to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct reconciliations to ensure accuracy of data migration.
- Identify and recommend areas for improvement within the finance function.
- Support the manager by taking on any other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in finance operations or accounting, with a degree in accounting/finance or completed professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA/CPA.
- Proficient in major accounting systems, Office 365 and MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Prior exposure to external stakeholders (auditor/company secretary/tax agent) and familiarity with the regulatory environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Highly meticulous and detailed oriented with an eye for accuracy.
- Proficient in tax computation with relevant work experience.
- Experience working in an international environment with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across diverse teams and cultures.
- Fluency in Mandarin, enabling effective communication with Mandarin-speaking stakeholders.
If you are confident that this is the role for you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of position you apply.