Reports to: Group Commercial Finance Manager
Location: Malaysia, Puchong
Job type: Full time
Working hours: Monday to Friday; Malaysian time 10.00am to 7.00pm.
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Commercial Finance Manager, the Accountant will be responsible to provide professional accounting, treasury, and other finance related services for all entities within the group. You will be a key member of the group finance team to ensure accuracy, timely recording, and compliance of all finance operation activities.
- Perform month end accounts close and ensure accuracy of all general accounting entries in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations, ensure no bank open item or open items are closed on time with action plans.
- Perform intercompany transactions and ensure group elimination at month end.
- Perform payroll accounting and ensure timely payment of all payroll taxes.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
Cash allocation & Accounts Receivable:
- Perform regular cash receipting, ensure accuracy and up-to-date cash allocation.
- Regular review and proactively resolve any overdue payment disputes with related stakeholders.
- Ensure the accuracy of accounting treatments for invoicing and costs recovery.
- Perform month end AR reconciliations and reporting.
- Prepare monthly consolidation reporting packs.
- Support on annual submission of statutory reporting, corporate tax and annual return.
- Participate in new system implementation and data migration.
- Perform reconciliations to ensure accuracy of data migration.
- Identify and recommend area of improvement within finance function.
- Support any other ad hoc tasks assigned by the manager.
- Degree in accounting/finance or completed professional accountancy qualification ACCA/CPA with 4-6 years of work experience in finance operation/accounting.
- Familiarity with major accounting systems and Office operating systems. Competent in MS Excel spreadsheet.
- Familiarity with the regulatory environment and prior exposure in dealing with external stakeholders (auditor/company secretary/tax agent) independently.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Meticulous and detailed oriented person.
- Growth mindset.
- Experience of working in a start-up environment.
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Able to communicate in Mandarin.
AIRSCREAM Group is a lifestyle focus group of companies focused on delivering unparalleled experience through our products and services. We have a vision and a mission to band all the adventurous and creative people in the world together to join us in our goal to create products that genuinely cater for the targeted consumers. As a third-year startup, we are currently experiencing robust revenue and profit growth. We are now in expansion mode to attract new talents into our team to accelerate our growth in 2022 and beyond.
If you are confident that this is the role for you, please email your resume to email@example.com